2012/07/30

Kimono and Yukata

I received one question from my friend.


"What is difference between Yukata and Kimono?"


I answer it today.



First, there's a difference about material.

Originally, Kimono is made of silk.

There're Kimono that is made of cotton, polyester, or wool.
But high-quality Kimono is made of silk.

Yukata is made of cotton.

Generally, Kimono is more expensive than Yukata.


Next, the clearer difference is "formal or casual".

Kimono is Japanese traditional formal wear.

On the other hand, Yukata is casual wear.

The origin of the Yukata is bathrobe.
But, now it became casual wear in summer festivals.


Kimono is like that.

Women



Men


About Yukata, please see yesterday's newsletter.

http://ghr-japan.blogspot.jp/2012/07/do-you-know-japanese-yukata-yukata-is.html


Is this answer helpful?

If you have some questions about Japan, please let me know.
I'll happy to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment